Monday, October 1, 2012

It's an Addiction

I realized today that I have numerous addictions. Which include, but are not limited to,

  • Purses
  • Makeup
  • Target
  • Old Navy
  • Baby Pajama's
  • Nail Polish
  • Reality TV
  • Pinterest
  • Chocolate
  • Changing my Scentsy
  • Squeezed Vitamin Water
  • Ice Cream
  • Fresh Sheets
  • Baths
  • Watching Landon Laugh
I could probably keep going on and on and on and on and on. But I won't.

The problem with almost all the things I listed, is that they nearly all require spending some sort of money. Which means, ultimately, I'm addicted to shopping. What I am not addicted to, is the fear and pure terror the day the credit card bill shows up and I know it's only a matter of hours until Jeremy sees it. 

Today is that day. It's here. It's not pretty. The day after he let me go buy ANOTHER Vera Bradley purse. I feel a sudden need to bake him brownies, learn to play euchre, and promise him a million more babies. Just to ease the pain of what he's going to see when he gets home after a long day of work AND class. And to maybe then ease the pain of the lecture I'm going to get. Again. I've already locked the credit card back up in the safe, as far from my wallet as possible. And I wrote him a nice little letter to go on TOP of the bill when he gets home, to hopefully soften him a little bit. But at the end of the day, I seriously feel like shit.

Sure, my house is decorated nicely, my kid has freaking ADORABLE pajama's, I have a brand new carton of ice cream in my freezer, and just LOOKING at Pinterest doesn't cost money (but let's face it, does a single day go by that I don't see something that I need to have, or that I need to make?). I think I need serious help. And by serious I mean more serious than my husband lecturing me like a 5 year old (which, clearly, I deserve), and me promising not to let it happen again. But I don't even know where to begin. Besides with the list of projects I want to do around the house this week that require me to stay HOME and spend NO money. Project number one: cleaning the car. Came out good. But I sure wish I had a few spare bucks to go run it through the car wash so the outside looked as nice as in the inside. 

Ugh. I'll go get my $9.50 caramel apple. That'll help, right?

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny! Love your updates. You will out grow Target and Old Navy and move on to Mom to Mom sales. And soon you will build up a craft supply so that if you see something on Pinterest that you want to make you will have the supplies.

    ReplyDelete