Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Busy, Busy Last 24 Hours

Whew! I think this is the first time I have sat down in the last 24 hours. Well....I mean sat down, by myself.

Mom's birthday dinner was a success! But, I am a scatter brain, and forgot my camera. So the only shots I got of the whole night are from my phone, so I will apologize now for their extremely poor quality.

Oh boy Mom, don't kill me. It's the only one that came out.



Such a big boy!







 All in all, it was a great night, celebrating a great lady! Happy Birthday again, Mom!! We love you!

Today we were up and at 'em early, and headed out to meet Stacie and her kiddos at Michael's for some craft shopping. We both spent far too much money for our home made Halloween decorations, but it was totally worth it in the end! Headed to her house and got to work. Our boys were happy to eat, eat, and eat some more, while watching Dora. Seriously, never could have put as much work into my wreath if we were at home, and Landon didn't have Austin there to help entertain him. Sydney did some "crafting" with us, and taught me lots of useful facts about the sperm whale. No, that's not a joke. After some creativity, some cinnamon rolls, and lots of good "mom conversation", we have the following to show for ourselves:

My Creation:




It took so much longer than I expected, and it was a ton of work (I had to cut and glue each individual ribbon, instead of just wrapping), but it was totally worth it! I love it! Couldn't wait to come home and hang it on my door. Which then prompted me to get out the rest of my Halloween decor. It's officially Halloween time in the Teltow house.

And here are Stacie's adorable creations:


So cute!!! And...another sneak peek at her next creation, which couldn't be made today because Michael's is severely lacking in the "tulle" department, but I'll be sure to share it when she does complete it. But, here's a little teaser:


Can't wait to see it all done!!!

And of course, can't get through a post without sharing pictures of the adorable kiddos we shared our day with.

Buddies Austin and Landon sharing food and enjoying their girlfriend, Dora.

Being a big boy eating lunch with his buddy!

And this was approximately 6 minutes after we left their house. He was CASHED OUT. That's the true sign of a good play date.

Once we were home, and Landon had napped, and I had let Halloween vomit all over my house, my good friend Kathy stopped by to visit and chat. I always love our visits, even though they are far too few and far between. Kathy is one the truest, most loyal people I have ever known, and I loved her instantly, as soon as we met in college. I'm so blessed to say we've been great friends since then, and she has stood next to me in my wedding, and still finds time in her crazy busy schedule to stop by and visit Landon and I. It's always a good day when she's around.

Moved onto making dinner for Landon and I, we were on our own tonight because Jeremy had soccer. While we were getting ready to eat, Auntie Lauri (aka my "sister in law" .... so it's not legal because they aren't "married", we roll with it) stopped by for a few to chat and catch up. Such a full day of visits with some of our favorites! We are lucky ducks!

Oh, and I forgot to mention. A trip to Buy Buy Baby yesterday gave me massive baby fever. Yep. I said it. I'm ready. That's all I'll say for now. Just know that it's a major itch I'm finally ready to contemplate scratching. 

It also doesn't help that I found this while putting out Halloween decorations. Look at how little he was last year!!! What happened to my BABY!?

For now, I have a caramel apple that I bought yesterday that is begging to be eaten, I'll leave you with that....
Drool.



No comments:

Post a Comment