Monday, September 24, 2012

(Great) Weekend Wrap Up

Monday...we meet again.

Before I say another word, I have to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my MOM, the greatest lady I know. Mom, you are everything I hope to be. There are not enough words to tell you just how much you mean to me. I hope your 60th birthday is 60 ways of wonderful. I LOVE YOU.

Also, CONGRATULATIONS to the newest newlyweds in my life; Dave and Brianna Bush!!

Saturday (Wedding Day) was absolutely gorgeous, in every way. I could go on and on with details and the such, but I'll just share some amazing photos of these two beautiful folks, and the rest of my drop dead gorgeous friends!

Our first glimpse of the blushing bride!



I mean, are they not just a drop dead gorgeous couple?


It was a beautiful ceremony, and their venue was ahhhhhmazing!!! 

The new Mr and Mrs Bush!!

Ummmm....do wedding cakes get ANY more phenomenal? Holy wow!

This is Jon, the tallest dude in the world (at least in my world). Jon was Dave's college roommate, and we had lots of good times together up at Ferris State University during my visits. So much fun catching up with him!

Not only are they both stunning, but they are also both optometrists. Their decorations included adorable "eye" related props, as the beautiful Jacquie is modeling for you here.

My hot date and I!



The first dance! Side note: Look at that room! Seriously, breathtaking!



Probably one of my favorite shots of the night (great job, Hubbs). Please everyone, check out Megan's face, and mine as well. I'm dying to know what Brianna was telling us all at this moment. But what's most important, is that this is the most amazing group of friends a girl could ask for. We have all been together since middle school (some of us elementary school!!), and no matter what, we all always come together for big life events. And it doesn't matter how long it's been, we are right back to being our crazy selves together. I am so blessed to call these girls my best friends, actually "Best Good Friends"; if you are a Forrest Gump fan, you'll understand that reference ;)

The BFF and I!



Even better than the candid shot above, this is, hands down, theeeee best picture of my night. Love all you girls to the moon and back. I'm so proud of the friendship we all share!!

It must also be said, that these girls bring out the very best in me (or maybe the worst, you probably weren't there to be the judge on the dance floor, but hey). Well, them, and my good friend Captain Morgan. If you know me at all, you know that the dance floor and I generally only meet during slow songs. Oh no, not Saturday night. My bare feet and I were out there jumping around like a total idiot, but ya know what, I don't even care. It was such a blast, I HOPE I looked ridiculous. I think Jeremy was even a little intrigued, wanting to know what got into me (besides the alcohol). I think it's fair to say he now knows the effect these gals have on me. I'm at my best when I'm with you, ladies!!

Needless to say, it was a fabulous night full of laughter and love. Brianna, you sure know how to throw a wedding, girl! Next up.....BABIES!!!! ;)

After Saturday's craziness, yesterday was a lay-low, sweat pant kind of day. But, of course, I don't know how to stay idle for long, so I was up early crafting.

Through my blog perusing, I stumbled across some ADORABLE handmade necklaces by some VERY talented ladies. I instantly fell in love with them, but their $40 price tag made me a little weak in the knees. As much as I want to support these lovely girls, I also want to support my growing child, so I started to think. I convinced myself that I could do this, and on the cheap. I didn't need to go buy fabric, my husband has mounds of old t-shirts in our closet that he never wears, and never plans to wear again (so why do we have them still, you ask? Because he's kind of like a girl in that regard). So I started digging, found a few that he said I could cut up, and got to work. Then I headed to my moms house, where craft supplies go to live. Even though I couldn't find the ribbon I was lusting after, I did find the felt I needed, which saved me another, what? 54 cents? Hey, it all adds up! I did end up at Michael's for the ribbon, and (I'm very, very proud of myself for this) I left with ONLY that! AMAZING! So in the end, my new necklace ended up costing me only $4.23!!! Of course, it is no where NEAR the caliber of the other ones I found online, I'm still pretty proud of it! Take a look! :)

Looking at it now, I realize that it looks like it's missing one on the bottom row. I'm still trying to figure out how I can fix that issue.

Of course, my crafting was not without incident. I decided to use my Grandpa's old glue gun, which is probably from 1940 something (figured it would add a little vintage to my necklace???). Bad idea. Apparently, in 1940 glue got much hotter than it does today. The result? Multiple blisters.

OUCH! All in the name of being creative. 

 Jeremy also got crafty, and put together the wine rack that we bought for my parents for their anniversary, which then resulted in a late night delivery to them (and by late night I mean 8PM, but since it included a bathed baby, in pajama's, past his bedtime, it qualifies as "late night").

He was happy to go for a night ride, that ended at Grandma and Grandpa's, and with a visit to his favorite crazy pup, Scout.

All in all, a very good weekend. I'm contemplating taking him back in to see his pediatrician today, as a recheck on his ears, and because his nose is STILL running. Just want to make sure his antibiotic is working, but I really don't want to expose ourselves to even more sick kids. Oy.

We have to pick up my mom's birthday cake, and maybe a little somethin' else for her, and then tonight is birthday celebration time! So excited to celebrate with her and her closest friends! And...Landon has an adorable outfit, so I'm even MORE pumped (stay tuned for "oh my God, it's too cute, I can't even handle it" pictures). 

Oh, actually, I have some more of those right now. Again, if you know me, you know my obsession with my cat is....pretty serious. But she is also very timid, and generally only comes out for Jeremy and I, and on average, is terrified of the toddler running at her, screaming. Yesterday morning however, for whatever reason, she was willing to play along. The following resulted:



My two biggest obsessions together. Really, can't even handle it.

Giving her KISSIES!!!!




Hugs :)

Ok, ok. I'll stop. But really, you can't deny the cuteness that is happening there. 

I'm off to join Landon in eating Strawberry jelly toast (which, is also courtesy of the Bush Wedding....strawberry jelly as favors with signs that said "Spread the Love". TOO CUTE.). Good start to our day!

1 comment:

  1. I love the kitty & Landon pictures. Our cat has never let Carson come close enough to pet her. The closest he gets is when she is on the other side of the gate blocking the stairway (where she knows she is safe). We call her our basement cat (the basement is in the process of being finished so she has lots of hiding places).

    ReplyDelete