Friday, September 14, 2012

Soccer Success!

Landon's first soccer game was a huge success!

The game was a success, as our all star Aidan came away away with a win!

But Landon's greatest success was....just about everything else.

You'll be glad to know I was able to keep him off the playing field, although it there were far too many close calls. Luckily, the coach took pity on me, and let him kick the extra soccer balls all over the place. Win number one for Landon. Win number two came when all the dogs started showing up. For those of you who don't know, my son currently believes he IS a dog, or a dog whisperer, whatever it is that causes him to bark at any living object, and draws him to dogs like a moth to a flame. He spent a very large portion of his time sticking his face directly in their face to receive kisses. Thank goodness these dogs were not as free flowing with their affection as my parents dog, Scout, who covers Landon's face with his whole tongue at any given opportunity.

Once Landon realized that the dogs were done being poked and prodded by a toddler (and when I say realize, I mean, once Landon was pulled away screaming from the dogs because them and their owners were over it), we ventured off to find some other pass time. I forgot to mention that the entire parking lot / park road was gravel. Gravel = millions upon millions of rocks for the rock lover to examine, carry, attempt to eat, and just generally enjoy. I am quite certain that he would have stayed in the land of the rocks forever had I let him. Or, had he not discovered win number 3. The giant hill.

And when I say giant hill, I mean....really, really big hill. Even for an adult, so for a toddler, I'm pretty sure giant is an adequate description. Ok, so maybe I'm being a little dramatic, the hill itself wasn't THAT huge, but the incline was fairly sufficient. But then again, I'm the one who nearly died twice while trying to ride my bike, so maybe it wasn't that big at all. But either way, Landon loved it. I have to say I was beyond impressed when he was able to climb all the way back up by himself, without crawling, just walking like a real human. Alright, I really am making this out to be more than it was, I'm sure. Let me just stop talking and show pictures instead. That's more fun anyway.


He was able to stay contained long enough to finish his dinner, then it was game over. He wanted to play with the big kids! But still, what better way to eat dinner then outside on a gorgeous night watching a soccer game?

Enter the land of rocks. I really don't know which is bigger: his obsession with rocks, or with dogs.

Up and down, up and down, up and down.

Pure joy! This mama loved watching how much fun he was having. So nice to see him enjoying the simple things. No electronics, no fancy toys. Just a hill, his two feet, and lots of energy.

Of course, there was some soccer watching too. Here's our all star watching his teammates intently.

My two favorite boys of all time. Best back seat ever.

He LOVES his big cousin. And I love the giggles that filled the whole car all the way home. And hearing Aidan say "I love you, buddy" before he got out of the car. Melted this mama's heart.

All in all it was a great night! Landon had a blast, Aidan won, and I got to spend some time with the two best little dudes in all the world. It was a winner for everyone.

I'm a working mama tonight, as I run the first Scentsy party of the new catalog season! So excited to see how people receive all the new products, and of course, to get out and mingle with some other mommies! Let's face it, besides selling a product I'm truly passionate about, that's the best part of the gig. 

I realized what a mommy lover I am the other day while we were in the grocery store. I truly, genuinely LOVE moms. I think every mom is a super hero in her own right, and I love seeing them in action. I love the moms that stop me to tell me how cute my kid is (duh, who wouldn't love them), and then tell me how they miss their own child being that small. I love the moms who are just trying to get through the aisles without knocking over entire displays. I love the moms who have it all together. I love the moms who have kids screaming because they "REALLY NEED THOSE COOKIES!!!!!". I love them all. Because you know what, at the end of the day, we're all a team. We're all in this together. All struggling with the same things, and all loving the same things. I have your back, and you have mine. And it's a good team to be on.

Who I don't like are those people WITHOUT children who look at us moms like we aren't doing our absolute best. Like we are "bad moms" because our child is screaming, or crying, or throwing. If you don't have a kid, you aren't entitled to an opinion. End of story. And even if you do, and you are just a naturally judgey person (yes that's right, I used the word "judgey"), leave us alone. We ARE doing the best we can. No mom out there isn't. Our best may not add up to your best, but that's ok. Our best is best for our children.

Side note: Current annoyance is my ding dang baby monitor that keeps beeping and telling me it's "Out of Range". Really? Because you are sitting in the same spot you always sit in. CUT IT OUT!!!!! I just want to watch my cute kid sleep!!!!

Also, my apologies to the two phone calls I just ignored while typing this. I'll get back at ya as soon as I wash this face mask off. Oh, did I forget to mention that I was typing this with a crazy, all white, gooey face mask on?  Not so hot mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment